Tuesday

Christmas experiments


I had a wonderful Christmas at home with Steve and am now feeling suitably bloated (the festivities officially ended today with the final turkey sandwich eaten at 2pm.)

I haven't sucumbed to the sales but I have invested in a monitor calibrater. This has been both a blessing and a curse - a blessing as I can now see the colours I've been working with, a curse as the colours pre-calibration were so much nicer!

I had fun yesterday creating sheets of watercolour/ print and hand drawn textures, which I've been experimenting with today in photoshop. I'm interested in creating a less clinical approach to colouring the work - using more texture and using the tranparency of layers to act like a tissue paper collage (see above)

I'll keep posting new work here so visit again soon... x

No comments: