Tuesday

One measly cyanotype


One measly cyanotype is all the sun has granted so far! I had been hoping to make many more to show you but it's just been too overcast and/or rainy lately. I'm off to Devon to see family at the weekend and so hopefully I'll get a few done whilst I'm down there.

Last night Steve treated us to Metamorphosis 2012, a collaboration between the National Gallery and the Royal Ballet. It was a triple dance bill responding to three of Titian’s paintings – Diana and ActaeonThe Death of Actaeon and the recently acquired Diana and Callisto. There is also an accompanying (free) exhibition at the National Gallery where these three paintings can be seen together for the first time since the 18th century!

Conrad Shawcross, Mark Wallinger and Chris Ofili were commissioned to respond to these paintings in collaborating with the Royal Opera house in the creation of the set and costume designs, as well as newly commissioned pieces for the National Gallery exhibition. 

It was breath taking

I really enjoyed the scale, ambition and the sense of collaboration and risk taking present in all three pieces. After seeing the performances I am definitely going to return to the exhibition to look at their work again.

I had a great meeting last week at Harvey Nichols to discuss my 2nd draft designs for their September window scheme. We're very nearly there now, I'm about to start the final drawings and I can't wait to show you what I've been plotting! In the meantime drawings for maps and packaging call and (of course) more paintings for my exhibition in Tokyo next year.

Have a great week, and please post some sunshine to Devon ready for my weekend visit x

No comments: