Wednesday

Holland & Barrett & Autumn





Hello all! 

Here's some new drawings for Holland & Barrett, ayurveda and aloe vera - I was particularly pleased with the colours on the ayurveda one as I always seem to find orange so tricky! Another wonderful week, Autumn is certainly here now and as my studio faces out onto a number of large trees I'm taking such pleasure watching the slow colour change and falling leaves. 

This is always my busiest time of year, and I'm currently deep in the planning for a huge Christmas window scheme (more info to follow) and of course having a fantastic time learning, observing, drawing, reading and endlessly thinking about the residency I'm undertaking at Royal Holloway each Friday (funded by the glorious Ted Baker - more info here). I have treated myself to the most beautiful new bike to get to and from the university each week, it's inspired by trips to Amsterdam and Copenhagen and I've gone for an old fashioned dutch bike with giant baskets and a shiny bell. 

Yesterday I had a fascinating look around VGL in Reading, the scale of their machines and sheer number of people on site amazed. I'm looking forward to working with them on a number of projects as I appreciated their knowledge, creativity and friendly manner. Tomorrow I'm off to London to meet the architect and contractor for the huge commission in East London which has kept me busy on and off for the past two years. It's a new development, 32 flats and 5 commercial units with a glass bottomed swimming pool and wild flower garden on the roof. I've completed 32 doors, an engraved lift panel and an enormous 6x18 meter artwork for the atrium - botanical drawings laser cut from huge brass panels - all to be installed by Christmas. I'll be sneaking off in the afternoon for a matinee at Sadler's Wells 'Lord of the Flies' by the always wonderful Matthew Bourne, and hope to squeeze in a few exhibitions and a visit to the E5 Bake House for their delicious bread.

Last weekend I undertook a monumental stop motion drawing as part of my residency, 1.5 x 2 meters and I also managed to fit in a cycle (on the shiny new bike) around Windsor Great Park. This weekend I'll be cooking up ideas for a new wrap around cover commission, and hopefully finding time for my much neglected scrapbook - there is a mountain of inspiration on every surface in the studio and I need to get it all stuck down before it floats away or gets buried!

Have a wonderful weekend x

No comments: