Thursday

Paris Adventure

Hello! I'm back in the studio today (creating new illustrations for Waitrose) after the most astonishing trip to Paris, for research, drawing and thinking. I've returned feeling really inspired and excited about my work, so I wanted to show you a few of things that I saw and loved whilst I was away...


I went to the beautifully renovated Musee Picasso Paris it really is worth it just for the beautiful architecture, but throw in a ton of Picasso's and it became epic! Highly recommend (and also recommend buying tickets in advance to skip the GIANT queues!) The image above was my favourite piece, a small gouache panel titled La Suppliante.



Next up was the Natural History Museum Muséum national d'histoire naturelle, I loved the Botanical Gallery most (obviously!)




The Evolution Gallery was amazing, such dramatic lighting and fantastic interpretation.


The botanical gardens and greenhouses were beautiful, I'd love to return and see them in their splendour later in the year.



The anatomy gallery was wonderful, such a huge impact to be confronted by that army of skeletons - I LOVED it.



I managed to squeeze in a quick trip to my beloved Musee de Cluny I've been many times but can't resist returning as it is my favourite place in Paris. The objects are so beautiful, and the spaces so calming and majestic - who can resist The Lady and the Unicorn tapestries!

A quick visit to look up inside the Notre Dame Cathedral, at the beautiful ceilings and stained glass windows.


Then a hop over to Shakespeare & Company to stroke their big white cat and browse the groaning bookshelves.


Then finally WHOOSH up in the lift to see the view from the Eiffel Tower, such a fantastic structure and beautiful view.

I hope that you're also having a lovely week, tonight I'm off to see The Philharmonia Orchestra perform alongside footage from Attenborough's Blue Planet HURRAH x

No comments: