Thursday

New dress!!!

Hiya, mad week... worked extra hard so I could take today off and run away to the seaside (Brighton) to collect a new hand made dress from clever Eleanor at Dig For Victory

Last October I went to Jaipur in India (find out more here) it was an amazing trip, and on the very last day I bought a VERY old, VERY heavy and VERY battered skirt that I found at the back of a cupboard rolled up into a ball in an ancient antique shop. I knew that Eleanor would be able to transform it into a dress for me on my return, and we discussed lots of options to make best use of the fabric. In the end she recommended keeping the skirt intact to create a long dress, so I sourced additional blue silk from Berwick St in London and she did her magic. The hem has the names of Indian cities embroidered in Hindi and is my favourite part.

Perfect for twirling!



I also had the chance to meet up with a Twitter friend, superstar illustrator Tilly AKA Running for Crayons which was totally brilliant. She brought a second lunch guest in the form of the worlds cutest miniature sausage dog, I was besotted! So nice when you get to meet internet friends in real life, lucky me.

OK, enjoy the rest of your week, I'll be back soon with more gossip x

1 comment:

Kye Themes said...

Very nice blog you hhave here