Saturday

Mexico inspired craft

Hello!

Woke up to a lovely sunny day with frost (these are THE BEST days!) so I'm starting to feel really Christmassy now - I know, I'm sorry, it's not even December yet but I LOVE Christmas!

I've had a brilliant week, last weekend I went away with to a spa with 8 of my oldest friends from school. It was SUCH a treat and there's now much talk of the need to make that an annual event! I had a mountain of work to do on Monday and Tuesday as then that night I had an early Christmas present from my lovely friend Zerin to see a Rambert triple bill at Sadlers Wells which was EPIC! Wed/ Thurs I had the most AMAZING trip to Coworth Park with my sister, Friday was flat hunting in Brighton, and then this weekend we've got our gorgeous nephew to stay. It's been such a brilliant, fun, giggly week but very little work has got done - so next week will have lots of early starts and late nights to catch up!

Current projects include...
- Designing the consultation project for my public art commission with Barratt Homes and Studio across new housing development 'Riverdown Park' - Bishopdown Farm, nr Salisbury.
AND
- Working on the final artwork (eeeeek!) for my commission for Bellway Homes and Studio Response for a new housing development in South Gloucester 'St James' Mews'
AND
Designing some cards for the wonderful Coworth Park (think heavy card stock and foiling!)

This week I thought I'd show you my new favourite craft inspired by my recent trip to Mexico. I've got into the habit of making stuff each night before bed, and it's really fun and relaxing. In Oaxaca I saw lots of carved wooden masks like these below...


I returned desperate to make one for myself, and so moulded the shape from newspaper and parcel tape, covered it in a thin skin of tissue paper with watered down PVA and then painted with acrylic.




I loved making it and so have since embarked on about a billion other paper mache creatures and projects. I AM NOW PAPER MACHE OBSESSED!

Have a great week xxx

No comments: