Wednesday

Royal Ascot, Real Simple, Liberty and CAKE!



I've finished my lovely commission for Royal Ascot Magazine, I've been drawing a range of famous jockeys with splashes of watercolour for their racing silks. The layout has changed and so they're no longer able to use the one above of Frankie Dettori so I thought I'd share him with you here. I'll be able to show the others (created in the same style - portraits of Fred Archer, Gordon Richards, Lester Piggott and Willie Carson) once the magazine has been published at the start of June.

This week I've been working on an article about flower arranging for Real Simple Magazine, it's an American publication and their offices are based in New York (which due to the time difference, gives me a terrific 5hr extension on all of my deadlines!). I've now submitted the drawings to them and so I'm just waiting for feedback before I can colour them.

I'll start painting the permanent botanical mural in the new Beauty hall at Liberty a week on Saturday - yikes! I've bought all the materials I'll need, and Steve's been great helping me to work out how to make a stop-motion video of the process of creating the artwork directly onto the wall. I'm so excited about the project and once the new space is open to the public I'll be able to share all the artwork with you.

I've got an exciting meeting today about a possible new window painting commission,Friday morning I've got a meeting with the House of Illustration about an education project I'm running in July, and then lunch with lovely Zef at Cocomaya - I've heard lots of great things about how beautifully styled the space is, check this out and crucially how great the chocolate and cakes are - look at these beauties!


I'll ensure for research purposes that I consume a good range and quantity of their goods and then I'll report back! x

No comments: