Thursday

Phew!







Phew getting to the end of a very busy week and onto an even busier weekend!

On Tuesday I was in Cambridge giving a lecture to a lovely group of BA Illustration students from CSVPA. I spoke about my career. focusing on the importance of business and marketing skills and found them to be a thoroughly friendly group.

Wednesday I was in Maidenhead working with 32 students from primary and secondary schools on a project for Housing Solutions. The students worked as illustrators for the day, creating posters about the importance of being eco friendly around the home. I was so pleased with the quality of their work, twelve of their images will be selected by the housing association residents to feature in their 2012 calender - I'm just so glad I don't have to judge as there are so many fantastic pieces! The photos above are from the day and taken by Tom one of the talented students I had the pleasure to meet.

Today I've been working on the jockey drawings for Royal Ascot, and the final artwork for the Liberty mural at the end of the month. I've also got a really lovely new commission for Real Simple Magazine to squeeze in, it's an American publication and I'm working on an article all about flower arranging - my absolute favourite thing to draw!

So, no weekend off for me but drawing, eating sweets and drinking cups of tea isn't exactly work eh! x

No comments: