Tuesday

Elle Decoration



The October edition of Elle Decoration (featuring my doodles) is in the shops now. It was a really lovely and open brief to illustrate a four page feature where experts advised about the decorating details which really make a difference to a home.

I was given the article and chose three paragraphs to illustrate with advice from Caroline Clifton-Mogg, Ashley Hicks and Gordon Watson. Below are the rough images sent to the art director, the initial concept was to create detailed black and white drawings of interior spaces and highlight the details suggested by the experts using the colour yellow ...




A few tweeks later here's the final artwork...




And here's the artwork layout in the magazine...




I'm really pleased with the finished work, particularly the door knobs on the last page - they were really lovely to draw!

I visited the Museum of Everything #4 at Selfridges yesterday which was really inspiring, particularly the work of Katsuhiro Terao and Louis Estape. I've sent off drawings for a new job for Heineken this morning so I'm off to The Power of Making at the V&A and the Serpentine with friends. I'm also going to try and squeeze in a visit to the Twombly and Poussin exhibition at the Dulwich Picture Gallery at the weekend before it finishes on the 25th. I find visiting exhibitions hugely inspiring and exciting and so I try really hard to make time for this most weeks.

Next week I'm painting a window at Orange Pekoe in Barnes, it's a really gorgeous cafe with amazing Earl Grey tea and I'll be there on Tuesday 20th from 5pm with a big pot of pink paint! I'm really looking forward to it, and I'll share images of the finished piece with you next week x

No comments: