Thursday

Collage







So much lovely work recently for Heineken, Orange Pekoe and Sony Japan but I can't show you any of that yet as it hasn't been published. This week I've been continuing work on a cover and three internal illustrations for the London Magazine, it's such a great commission, lovely subjects and a restricted palette but I can't show you that either (what a tease!)

Instead I thought I'd share a new collage with you created last night. I always make time to develop my own personal work alongside my commissioned pieces as I find they feed each other and allow me to develop and (hopefully!) improve. I've been attending a new class at the Prince's Drawing School at Kensington Palace called "The Constructed Surface" taught by Alice Kettle and Mark Cazalet. Each week we work from a life model using mixed media and a range of collage techniques, it's such a fantastic and inspiring class. Last night we had a field trip, we met at the South Bank Centre and worked outside creating collages inspired by the wonderful view from the balcony over the Thames.

I've had lots of new jobs in this week, so this morning will be spent with a calculator creating quotes for them. Maths requires sweets, so first task is a trip to the shops! Enjoy the rest of your week, and if you have time at the weekend do a little collage - it's time well spent x

No comments: