Thursday

2011 Highlights

I hope you had a fantastic Christmas (I know I did), and now, with only a few days left of a very busy 2011 I wanted to look back over the year. I have limited myself to choosing just one (or occasionally two) of my very favourite projects from the past twelve months....

JANUARY
I finished two commissions for Delicious Magazine and had the opportunity to create the cover and internal chapter illustrations for The Field Book of Country Queries.



FEBRUARY
I turned 30 in February and enjoyed hand-painting the windows of the Swarovski flagship store on Oxford Street for London Fashion week. I also created a range of illustrations for The National Trust Magazine.




MARCH
I was commissioned by EDFAS (a local branch of the national arts organisation NADFAS), to design and deliver an education project and exhibition for their 10 year anniversary. I worked with six groups across the area to create twelve large 6ft birthday cake banners for exhibition on Ascot high street.




APRIL
I drew directly onto the walls of designer Tsumori Chisato's pop-up shop at the Shop at Bluebird on Kings Road in London. This was the first time I had used pen rather than paintbrush to create a mural, and I really loved the quality of line.


MAY
I had a busy month preparing for the Liberty London Commission, but managed to squeeze in a range of floral illustrations for US publication Real Simple.



JUNE
I created a hand drawn and painted permanent mural, for the newly designed beauty hall on the ground floor of the Liberty London Department Store on Regent Street. I also created a range of drawings which were turned into vinyls to decorate the ground floor windows. I was VERY nervous about such a public and permanent commission for such a large client but I am so pleased with this piece - do go and visit it if you're in London x




JULY
I was commissioned by the House of Illustration to create a day of workshops for children to create decorations for the Pop-up Festival of Stories at Coram's Fields. We spent the day making lots of giant and brightly coloured butterflies and were all covered in glitter!


AUGUST
Lovely indulgent job for Elle Decoration creating highly detailed black and white drawings for an article about the details of interior design.


SEPTEMBER
I created a new hand painted window for the Orange Pekoe cafe in Barnes London, their tea and cakes are amazing!




OCTOBER
Lovely new commission for Glamour Magazine, a chance to work on hand drawn text.

NOVEMBER
Dreamy job for The Times illustrating poetry, this was a real pleasure.






DECEMBER
Two lovely festive jobs to finish the year, my first magazine cover for The London Magazine with three internal drawings, and Savill Garden family snowman workshops.




2011 has been a really great year for me. I've felt inspired, fulfilled and challenged by the range and scale of work I have been offered. I have ambitious hopes and plans for 2012 and my studio is consequently wallpapered in lists of dream clients, projects and new marketing ideas.

I am excited about 2012, and I want to wish you a happy and healthy New Year... I'll see you next year... x

No comments: