Wednesday

The London Magazine










Here's the cover and internal illustrations for the festive issue of The London Magazine. I really loved working in such a restricted palette and I'm so pleased with how they've turned out. It's my first cover and I've been getting a real thrill seeing it in newsagents around London.

The editorial was about Christmas entertainment, and featured plays, magic and shadow puppetry. It took a while to get my head around the best way to communicate these subjects, and a bit longer to think about how to incorporate them into a festive cover!

I loved the image so much that I developed it for use as my 2011 Christmas card which I sent out to my clients this week...


It's such a lovely day today I'm going to bunk off for a bike ride, but then I'll be back in the studio later this afternoon finishing the colour on the Elle Spain job.

Have a lovely weekend, I'm going to get the decorations up - how about you? x

No comments: