Wednesday

Harrods


Hello! here's the newly adapted building illustration for Harrods, re-commissioned (without the Christmas trees!) for use in their e-marketing for the next 2 years. I was filmed creating the drawing for their 2012 Christmas card, which was also sent as a e-card (see here) and they have now decided to keep using the image. It was such a lovely commission, and I'm really delighted that they have chosen to reuse it!

Last week I went to an amazing event at the Barbican, it was a talk chaired by Hans Ulrich Obrist (Co-Director of the Serpentine Gallery) between Random International and Random Dance discussing their fantastic Rain Room project. I found the way they spoke about collaboration very inspiring, particularly about artists and scientists working together. I'm currently working with a university science department  devising a collaborative project, it's all funding dependent but I found the talk particularly relevent and enlightening as a result of this new venture.

There's lots of great exhibitions at the moment, I particularly recommend Sian Bowen's new exhibition at Trinity Contemporary, Lotte Reiniger's collages at Rose Issa Projects and Nadav Kander's haunting and vulnerable photographs at Flowers Gallery.

I'm having a wonderful (and incredible busy!) week teaching illustration at Willington School in Wimbledon, lecturing at UCA in Epsom, and meeting more scientists in Norwich. Next week I am very excited as I am staying a night in A Room For London, I'll wake up there on my birthday! It's a boat built for two created by Living Architecture perched on top of the Queen Elizabeth Hall on the bank of the Thames. I'll be bringing a beautiful handmade sketchbook (thanks Jane!) for painting, and we're planning to stay up all night and watch the world go by - I'll be back blogging about that adventure next week.

Have a great week! x

No comments: