Wednesday

Exhibition in Tokyo
























Hello! I'm back home now and delighted to share images from my solo exhibition "In an English Country Garden" at Galerie Doux Dimanche in Tokyo (giant thank you to art director and photographer Hisashi for taking such beautiful photographs!)

The gallery is owned by Fumie Shimoji and Hisashi Tokyuyoshi who also founded Edition Paumes working with their friendly team in the upstairs offices. Both the gallery, shop and publishing house focus on introducing European artists and designers to the Japanese public. They are such a lovely couple and it was great to meet them after a year of planning via email! - you can find out more about Fumie and Hisashi's story here

I had the most wonderful time, everyone at the gallery was so welcoming and kind and I really enjoyed hand painting the three gallery windows - see a short video of the process below:


I have spent the last year creating the paintings, and so it was the most amazing feeling to see them all framed and hung. I was particularly pleased with how the handmade paper roses looked on the branch (and also that they didn't get squashed on the plane!)

My Japanese adventure was kindly funded by both the gallery, and the UKTI  who awarded me two grants to fund the exhibition. It was a wonderful and inspiring place to visit and I'd like to thank everyone who supported me to get there.

I'll be back next week with more info and images from the trip (particularly the stunning cherry blossom!) until then have a fantastic week x

No comments: