Thursday

Cuckoo!


Here's a new logo I recently created for fantastic PR Company Cuckoo PR, I really enjoyed working on it, and so I wanted to share the design process here...


Above is the first draft sketch, of quite a realistic cuckoo with exaggerated patterning, the feedback was to make it less real, more elegant and decorative....


These designs are the second draft, more detailed, stylised and decorative, the feedback was for a much simpler, and friendlier eye...


Nearly there, this one had the new eye and inverted colour, the feedback was a preference for the blacker bird and no typography...


...and that's how I ended up here!

Tonight I'm off to the Barbican to see A Midsummer Night's Dream by Handspring Puppet Company. They are the company responsible for the amazing puppets in War Horse and so I'm sure it will be really inspiring. Tomorrow I'm going to see the Davis Hockney exhibition at The Dulwich Picture Gallery, and hopefully the Howard Tangye Exhibition at the Hus Gallery.

Last weekend I saw the MOST AMAZING trio of exhibitions (have a look at what I saw on my Instagram feed here)

Have a great weekend and I'll be back soon x

No comments: