Wednesday

Fearless Drawing at The Millennium Gallery Sheffield

Hello! I just wanted to share some photos from my recent Fearless Drawing workshop at The Millennium Gallery in Sheffield, a fun weekend drop in for all ages to celebrate my new book. I based the activity on pattern as I LOVE drawing pattern and find it really meditative, it's also completely unthreatening for people who might be nervous of drawing as it allows them to just happily doodle! On arrival at the gallery I quickly painted some designs onto the glass of the space to help inspire pattern ideas...


It was really great to see how engaged the participants were, the repetition of pattern making is fulfilling and addictive as it allows you to be completely absorbed but does not require a huge effort. This is why I find it so relaxing, hours can go by and I lose track of all sense of time - I just get so deeply immersed in the process.


Here's just a few photos of the FANTASTIC finished drawings...





Huge thanks to all the participants for a brilliant day, to the Millennium Gallery for all their help and assistance and particularly to the brilliant Catherine Mailhac for organising the event and taking these lovely photos! 

I'm off to explore the London Design Festival today before tonight's performance of Inala at Sadlers Wells with choreography by Mark Baldwin and music performed live by Ladysmith Black Mambazo YIPPEEE! I'll report back next week! x

No comments: