Thursday

What to Bake and How to Bake it

Hello, next Monday 29th Sept "What to Bake & How to Bake it" by Jane Hornby is published by Phaidon. I am so proud of this book, I illustrated the wrap around cover, end paper patterns, title page, half title page and the four chapter headers. I used a MUCH more vibrant palette than I would normally and it was so much fun to work with these stronger colours.

Here's the final cover...




The patterned end papers....



The title page...


Here's the original drawing for the title page...


The chapter heading for 'Simple Family Baking'...


The original drawing for Simple Family Baking...


The chapter heading for Morning Coffee & Afternoon Tea...


The original drawing for Morning Coffee & Afternoon Tea...


The chapter heading for Special Bakes...


The original drawing for Special Bakes...


The chapter heading for Desserts & After Dinner...


The original drawing for Desserts & After Dinner...


I thought it might also be interesting to see some of the earlier ideas for the cover....





This week I started two FANTASTIC new projects, they're really exciting and I hope to share the info from at least one of them with you next week. Have a wonderful weekend! x

No comments: