Thursday

Warehaus lift panel

Hello! I've spent this week gradually getting over my jet lag from teaching at Squam, and creating lots of food and nature illustrations for Holland & Barrett and Square Meal (= a great week of drawing + naps!) I also managed to squeeze in visits to The RA Summer Show (glorious) and Carsten Höller at The Haywood (brilliant fun - go with a group of friends). I'm spending tomorrow preparing for a talk about my installation work for Yo Illo more info here - (this event is fully booked, but I know that they're planning future talks, so get on their mailing list to be kept informed.)

Today I'm excited to share the artwork for the lift panel at Warehaus (a new mixed use retail and residential development in East London.) So far I've shared the 18x6m wall piece here, and the 30 doors created for each of the flats here. I have devised and created all the artwork for the development, and I was inspired by the rooftop swimming pool and wildflower garden at the top of the building. All the artwork is created in brass, and illustrates UK botanicals which are found in natural water sources. For the lift panel I created a frieze of water lilies, to reflect the door and wall designs, and this piece is engraved onto the brass. The development is VERY nearly finished and as soon as it is I'll be able to share you the photos of the real thing. For now here's the lift artwork...


... and a detail so you can really get a sense of what it will look like at a larger scale...


Have a lovely week and I'll be back next time to share new drawings for Holland & Barrett x

No comments: