Thursday

Weathervanes

Hiya all

This week has been another birdy one, working on the final artwork for the new Bellway Homes development in South Gloucestershire. I'm making weathervanes, tiles, paving and life sized bird sculptures that will sit on the street name plates (thanks again to Studio Response for the marvellous project!)

I'm so nearly, nearly, nearly there with the bird sculptures. They're all finished but I just cannot stop fiddling with them. I've promised the fabricator they'll be with him by the 1st Feb, so my fiddling days are numbered!

I thought I'd share the designs for the weathervanes today. I'm working with the brilliant Blackforge Art to create 2 x weathervanes. There's a community allotment on the development with 14 little sheds in two rows, and the weathervanes will be on top of two of the sheds, on opposite rows, on opposite ends.

Here's a mock up of the two designs (a falcon and a kestrel) - I can't wait to see them installed!




Have a lovely weekend (may it be full of croissants for you) xx

No comments: