Thursday

WALD


Bad news... VERY bad news.....

The building I've spent the last 3 years working on (and my ABSOLUTE DREAM PROJECT) hasn't received planning permission, we've appealed and been rejected again and so it is not going to get built. I'm SO disappointed.

The good news is that I LOVED working on it and can now EVENTUALLY share what I've been up to!...

I was approached by GS8 Developers 3 years ago with a VERY exciting proposition. They wanted me to design a small block of luxury apartments in Epping (Essex, UK). I was OBVIOUSLY thrilled. The plan was for me to create a conceptual design for a sculpture containing seven apartments. I would then collaborate with the talented (and ever patient!) Lynas Smith Architects to adapt the idea and fully realise the concept into a working building.

I started out exploring the history, landscape and culture of the site and surrounding area but quickly began to focus on Epping Forest. As time went on the concept developed to create a forest refuge featuring a secret forest garden in the roof, open to the sky. The building would be clad in corten steel panels (to reflect the colours of the surrounding brick buildings) and feature the plants and animals found in the historic forest.

It was a WONDERFUL project, and although I'm SO DISAPPOINTED it won't be realised I LOVED the opportunity to work on such an ambitious and large scale commission and I'm really proud of the work we produced...  ONWARDS xxx











No comments: