Friday

Painting time...

Hello gang

Recently I've felt SO inspired by Allan Jenkins WONDERFUL book 'Morning' (find it and read it IMMEDIATELY!) I've been getting up at 5am each Friday to spend the early morning painting. IT IS BLISS! I love knowing that no matter how busy my week is there WILL be time to paint, and it's amazing how much I can get done in this special time each week! 


I'm currently working on two collections, one is dark florals on board, the other is mixed media collages on paper. I love spending each week plotting how I'm going to use my Friday morning and planning what I want to achieve. 


I'm really grateful to Al for his love and encouragement in carving out this time to paint, and ESPECIALLY for his GENIUS hanging system in the studio which allows me to live with the work and see all the pieces at the same time.




This weekend we're making a HUGE (vegan) Thanksgiving meal on Saturday and then Sunday morning I'm giving a talk at Sunday Assembly about the power of Public Art to build communities (I'd love to see you there!). Sunday afternoon we're making our Christmas cake (it's Stir-Up Sunday!) so basically you can expect me to be substantially fatter this time next week!!

Have a WONDERFUL weekend whatever you're up to! Next week the 95m illustrated hoardings I've created for Southwark Council are being installed and then I'm off to Paris for a long weekend WHOOP WHOOP! xxx

No comments: