Thursday

Swarovski planning

Phew, what a busy week! I finished a lovely job for Hiscox Insurance (via Wardour) drawing an elaborate wedding cake with bride and groom on top. I'll show you once it's published, but I really indulged myself with a highly detailed drawing and coloured each tier of the cake a different pastel shade - dreamy! I've also been working hard planning for next weeks live painting commission, and as promised, there's some of my rough sketches to give you a flavour.

I've been commissioned by Swarovski to hand paint the windows of their new flagship store on Oxford Street in London next week. The days and times have changed slightly so if you can make it (and it would be lovely to see you) then I'll be there 10am-8pm each day Tues 15th, -Fri 18th Feb. It's 321 Oxford St, the nearest tube is Bond St and it's opposite House of Fraser near John Lewis. I'll be painting work from their new collection, really gorgeous green, red and turquoise coloured stones and I've been trying out all the different colours on the windows in my flat - the neighbours must think I'm bonkers!

It's such a fantastic commission, and I've just about finished all the planning now and ready to get started. I know that I'll really enjoy the process, as I loved painting the window murals for the Electrum Gallery and the Cornerstone Arts Centre (which you can find out about here) but the worst bit is the scary first mark!

Last Saturday I had the most AMAZING surprise! my parents and big sister secretly travelled up from Devon, met up with my little sis and Al, and crept up on me at the V&A where Steve had arranged to meet with them. It was to celebrate my 30th and I was so, so touched and shocked! We visited The Shadow Catchers Exhibition which explores the work of artists creating photographs without cameras. It's such an inspiring show and ends soon so do visit if you can! They then whisked me off to a very glamorous hotel (thank god Steve convinced me to dress up and curl my hair!) for afternoon tea.

This Saturday I'm teaching at the Farnham Maltings, "Drawing for the Terrified", I'm really looking forward to it and will be buying lots of lovely flowers tomorrow ready for us to draw (you can find out more here). Sunday I'm meeting up with my gorgeous friend Carrie for afternoon tea (I am going to be as fat as a mole if I carry on like this!) to have a nice gossip and rest before the busy week ahead.

I'll look forward to sharing some pictures of the Swarovski mural with you soon, until then have a great week x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your good, recently made a salary, so I plan to buy some jewelry to dress himself, personally like Swarovski pendentifs, I do not know think?