Thursday

Heineken


This is from a recent job for Heineken all about the growing trend of serving coffee in pubs and bars, FYI in 1600 the Pope baptised coffee - hence the Pope's hat on a spoon! I particularly enjoyed drawing the coffee plant, I like the way the beans cluster around the stem.

Last week I visited Cambridge with two lovely friends, I've spent lots of time in the city as I spent my QEST scholarship studying illustration part time there. Each Wednesday I travelled from my home in Surrey to Cambridge but I didn't get a chance to see more than the uni and the train station (and the streets in between!). It was such a treat to visit as a tourist, my highlight was DEFINITELY the permanent collection in the house at Kettle's Yard - so inspiring! It was the home of a former curator at the Tate (1958-73) and the couple collected and curated a wonderful and deeply personal collection in their home.

On Saturday I'm teaching at The New Ashgate Gallery for the second session of my Big Draw commission for them (find out about the first session here). I've really enjoyed this project and I'm so excited to see the student's fantastic work exhibited. x

No comments: