Friday

The Times




Here's the new illustrations created for The Times (published 15th Dec) for a festive poetry article including a new poem "The Mistletoe Bride"by my favourite poet Carol Ann Duffy. I was commissioned to do this whilst in Paris and so it was great to have the opportunity to complete this (to a short deadline!) out of the studio. It's really given me confidence to travel more next year, knowing that I can always work remotely completing jobs rather than missing out when away from home.

I'm currently working on the most amazing commission! creating the Jan 2013 window schemes for the beautiful le Bon Marche department store in Paris. It's an ENORMOUS job with (obviously) a very tight deadline but I am really enjoying creating the drawings and I'm so excited about how it's going to look! It launches to the public on Saturday 12th Jan, so I'll be sure to post lots of photos soon after so you can see the project. It also gives me a glorious excuse to return to Paris in the New Year HURRAH!

Next week I'll return with a post looking back at my favourite illustration jobs from 2012, until then have a very Happy New Year from me x

No comments: