Saturday

Cutting and sticking...








Hello!

I thought this week I'd share some spreads from my scrapbooks. I might have told you this before but I am OBSESSED with scrapbooks as they help me to explore composition and colour AND keep all my inspiration in easy to grab book form. I save pictures (cut out of magazines/ postcards/ packaging etc etc) and then use Pritt Power to glue them in (normal Pritt Stick doesn't work and they just peel off in a few months). They're one of the first things I turn to when I'm stuck/ need inspiration and they never fail me!

OK, in other news the packaging project for Charbonnel et Walker is going really well, we met in the week to go through the 2nd draft designs and the feedback was fantastic - I CANNOT WAIT to show you! I'm also working hard on the Pre-App (planning application) for the seven apartments in Essex I'm designing. I'll meet again next week with the architect and developer, but we're not too far off submitting the application now which is really exciting. (Quick recap that this is the commission where I have been asked to design a block of flats and then collaborate with an architecture firm to realise my designs - beyond exciting!)

Last week meeting the scientists at Edinburgh University for my Artist Residency was INCREDIBLY helpful and I'm buzzing with new ideas for science experiments/ further research and new artwork - I'll share an update of the work I've been creating soon.

In addition I've still got these other projects on the go....
- 2 x animations for US client
- a trail for the Garden Museum
- planning for teaching at Squam USA this June
- creating artwork across the urban fabric for the redevelopment of Bracknell Town Centre

On Wednesday I ran away to the seaside to visit the genius Eleanor at Dig for Victory to order a GORGEOUS new handmade dress. It's utilising a rather battered antique skirt I found last year in Jaipur India and as soon as it's made I'll be swishing about (and undoubtably showing it off on Instagram.) I've been working with Eleanor on creating these dresses for the past 3 years, often using fabric printed with my illustrations. They've become my uniform and I LOVE planning new ones. The next big project will be commissioning a winter coat from her ready for later this year....

OK, drawing calls I'll be back soon to share what I'm up to, until then have a lovely week x

No comments: