Thursday

Waitrose





Hiya!

What a lovely sunny week - so exciting to switch from my winter coat to a jacket and I'm loving the lighter evenings! This week I can share some foodie illustrations commissioned for Waitrose, although I HATE cheese I really liked to drawing the (disgusting) blue mould!

I've had a really fun week...

Monday - I had a meeting with the architect and developer about our planning application (I've been commissioned to design six apartments in Essex and then collaborate with an architect to realise my drawings). It went really well and I'm so excited with how the plans are looking - I cannot even begin to think about how exciting it will be to see it being built! 

Tuesday - I visited CSVPA in Cambridge to give my lecture 'How to be an Illustrator' and then undertook lots of 1-2-1 crits with the lovely students in the afternoon - (I'll try and show you some photos from the day in a post next week.) CSVPA is such a great place, they really invest in visiting lecturers (Sara Faneli / Laura Carlin etc) and they completely spoil you whilst you're there (hello delicious Italian tapas lunch!)

Wednesday - Was the launch of the new mannequins at Proportion London (I illustrated the collection see here). I couldn't make it (BOOO to all the admin this week!) but apparently it all went really well. I was busy completing the planning for my teaching trip in May. I'm filming a 7 part drawing ecourse in Providence and then travelling up to teach at Squam Art Retreats (I CANNOT WAIT - see my post about last year's Squam here

Thursday (today!) - I've been getting ready for my presentation on Monday where I'll be showing the Art Panel my initial concepts for the artwork across the redevelopment of Bracknell Town Centre eeeeek! 

Friday (tomorrow) - I'm spending the day working on the paintings for my Artist Residency HURRAH lots of podcasts/ snacks and paintings = my favourite kind of day. 

I'm really looking forward to the weekend as Saturday I'm having some friends over (I'm making afternoon tea!) and then Sunday my sketchbook is loudly calling me!

Have a wonderful weekend whatever you get up to and I'll see you soon xxx

No comments: