Friday

Residency update

 










Hello!

Sorry for the lack of posts last week, having a bonkers time trying to get everything finished before I leave for America on the 24th. I CANNOT WAIT! I'll be away for 2 weeks, Boston-Providence-New Hampshire initially filming a seven part drawing e-course (you can sign up and do at your own pace from anywhere in the world - I'll let you know when it's live) then on to Squam Art Retreats to teach a collaborative sketchbook class - hurrah!

This week I thought I'd share an update on some of the work created as part of my Artist Residency at Royal Holloway University funded by the lovely folk at Ted Baker. (It's an experimental drawing project where I collaborate with plant molecular scientists to explore the potential of turning my highly personal, altered drawings of flowers into real plants that grow and exist in the real world.) I remain OBSESSED with creating highly graphic patterns on the petals of plants - and this is what the paintings and sculptures above relate to. 

This week I've been working on all the usual suspects...
- Bracknell - where I'm creating artwork across the urban fabric (lights, paving, furniture etc) for the redevelopment of the town centre.
- Essex - where I'm designing six apartments - we're just about to submit the pre-app to planning!
- my residency project - where I'm currently trying to create a stable drawing ink from chlorophyll

...and then also working on new projects for Waitrose and Colt - I cannot believe my luck!

Have a great weekend full of coffee and toast and books and long walks (that's my plan anyway) xxx

No comments: